Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Rhino 5.0

I have been trying out the Rhino 5.0 trial while my installation discs are in transit.
This is a release where you can really feel the influence of the architects in the Rhino user base. The new functionality has a strong Sketchup feeling- which is really cool- Kudos to McNeel and Associates. Solid editing with control points is a really fresh take on the modelling process. This feels like a home run release for them.
Test project monkeying around with the new tools.


The handles/frames are rendered curves
Edge softening is really cool- although it would have been cool as a shader level toggle.


To their credit the interface has only gone through a slight refresh. Tabs have been added and functionality is chunked together- which is great for new users.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been looking to get into industrial design as a career, but have no idea where to start. I love your design here. I hope I can do this someday.

Thomas Parel said...

Awesome John- Feel free to send me a message or email.